233 Pennell Road (Route 452)
Aston, PA 19014
Phone: (610) 494-1636
Fax: (610) 494-8916
As one of the first townships incorporated in Pennsylvania, the present-day boundaries of Aston were drawn in 1948
when the northwestern portion of the township, who were against a proposed tax hike, seceded from the township
and formed the borough of Chester Heights.
The population was 16,203 at the 2000 census. Neumann University, a private co-educational Franciscan university
located on the grounds of Our Lady of Angels Convent, is located in the northern portion of the township.
A former inn, the Five Star Inn, located at the Township's "Five Points" intersection, served as an overnight quarters
for British General Lord Cornwallis during the Battle of the Brandywine in 1777. It was destroyed by a fire in the mid-1950s.
A new veterans memorial, dedicated to all veterans that lived in the township along with Township EMTs,
Police, and Firefighters that were killed in the line of duty, now currently stands at the same intersection,
but opposite of the former inn site.
At A Glance:
Area: 5.7 square miles
Population: 16,203 (2000 Census)
Distance to Center City Philadelphia: 22 miles
School District: Penn-Delco
Aston Township WebLinks:
Penn-Delco School District
Green Ridge Fire Co.
Aston-Beechwood Fire Co.
Chester Water Authority
Museum of Indian Culture
Submit A Link
[ Back to Communities ]