Prospect Park Borough
720 Maryland Ave.
Prospect Park, PA 19076
Phone: (610) 532-1007
Fax: (610) 532-3514
The Borough of Prospect Park located in Delaware County, was formerly called Moore, and was incorporated in 1894.
Slightly less than a one square mile in area, it is the home of just under seven thousand residents. In the present day,
it is hard to envision the entire area was a much-contested piece of real estate when the Dutch and Swedes were squabbling
over ownership. The present population enjoys knowing that they were preceded by a signer of the Declaration of Independence,
John Morton, whose house still stands, and the Reverend Mark Watkinson, Pastor of the Prospect Hill Baptist Church,
who persuaded the U.S. Congress to have the motto "In God We Trust" imprinted on all U.S. currency.
Prospect Park is located twelve miles from the center of Philadelphia. Using the commuter rail system, the trip takes twenty minutes.
At A Glance:
Area: 0.8 square miles
Population: 6,594 (2000 Census)
Distance to Center City Philadelphia: 12 miles
School District: Interboro
Prospect Park Borough WebLinks:
Interboro School District
Prospect Park Fire Company
Submit A Link
[ Back to Communities ]